Friday, February 2, 2024

Things I never knew

 Things i never knew


I never knew in my childhood

Just how God’s plan would turn out good

How the many broken flawed things

Would be made new, they’d be made new


I never knew the first time I met her

I wouldn’t be able imagine life without her

I never knew our kids would grow so tall

Or how proud i’d be to see them 

Follow the dreams to which they’re called


I guess you could say that I was naive 

Not understanding these things 

But every day I wake and learn

What was previously unclear to me

Things just beyond my vision

Coming closer into focus

At every opening with every decision


I never knew the world would shift 

so wildly In merely just one lifetime

I never knew that things I held dear

I’d have to rethink again and again

Listening for whispers as the king draws near


I never knew the way some decisions 

Would shape the things these eyes see

I never knew how I’d be molded 

By the places you’ve carried me, 

you’ve carried me


Now I guess you could say I’m clueless

That I’m so uninformed it’s crazy

You may think that I’m blind 

With all things I didn’t see


I never knew how God would move things 

In and out of focus

Sawing off and sanding down

Shaping the rough edges of my heart


I never knew just how short time was

And how these years would fly by 

I never knew just what I should say

To find the words to be remembered by


I never knew if what I’d say

Would reach you in some way

If you’d hear my voice in your head

Long after I’m …..





No comments: