Friday, November 10, 2023

Creative Differences

 Creative differences


Me and this guitar can’t get along

As we sit here together

Trying to write this song

The ideas up in this head

Can’t make their way down to these frets

My guitar and me, we just can’t get along 


Most of the time I’d say we’re in synch

I grab some chords and this guitar just sings

But perhaps tonight the song is just too heavy

And neither of us can carry

A tune, a tune, a tune


Oh I know the notes are in here

And I know this thing can sing

But tonight every word comes hard 

and somehow every line sounds wrong 

maybe it’s the words and tune

But tonight we can’t agree


Me and this guitar can’t get along

Usually we’re good friends 

But tonight it’s just gone wrong

It started with that last tune

And ended with this song

This guitar and me, we just can’t get along 

No comments: