Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Remind me

 Because sometimes we forget...

Remind Me


There’s things I can’t see clearly

I wander around like I’m blind

Forgetting what should be remembered

Like a man who’s lost his mind 


This broken world spins like a busted tilt a whirl

And we hold on for dear life

Hoping through this long day

We’ll somehow survive the night


If I’ve forgotten who I am, remind me

If I’ve grown beyond the childlike things

I should never leave behind, remind me

Take me by this outstretched hand 

and guide me back to you, remind me


Funny how I am prone to forget

Quickly I look ahead and focus on “not yet” 

But now as I look to the past, 

there’s questions I’ve answered 

that should have never been asked


Sometimes my decisions put me in places

I never should have been

There are times I land in places 

I never would have chosen

And my map plots nothing

But confusing lines


If I’ve lost the path and lost my way, remind me

lead me back, put my feet on solid ground and remind me

Take me by this outstretched hand

And guide me back to you, remind me


I compare myself to others’ view 

More times than I can count

Forgetting that keeping up with the jones’

Is not what it’s about


At times the mirror’s a dull reflection 

hiding the real truth, 

that what I see is detailed in ways 

that hide outside my view

I can’t seem to see clearly with these eyes alone


When I can’t see the image you placed in me, remind me

When I see myself instead of the savior in my place, remind me

Take me by this outstretched hand

And guide me back to you, remind me


When I can’t see heaven because this world gets in the way, remind me

Lift the scales of myself from these heavy eyes and remind me

Take me by this outstretched hand

And guide me back to you, remind me.


No comments: