Tuesday, November 26, 2019

What I Want You to Know

What I want you to know

They say sometimes we wait too long
And that we should be reminded 
That we should never forget to say what matters most
So here’s a couple things
A few important notes

What I want you to know
Is you are deeply loved
Not just by friends or your family
But by a Heavenly Father above
The arms of heavenly grace
Holding you firm, holding you secure
God’s gentle embrace,
Keeping you near

What I want you to know
Is every passing moment has a price
A cost and an opportunity 
and that every earthly treasure we acquire
pales in the light of eternity.
So keep your mind set above
Not on these fading things

What I want you to know
Is times won’t always be good
There are times of great darkness
You’ll be tested more than you ever thought you could
And when you cross that bridge 
where the waters seem so deep
I pray you’ll remember the nail scarred hands 
that hold your soul safely in their keep.

What I want you to know
Is that I am often proud
Of who you’re growing to be
And pray you always stand on solid ground
Remember that you never walk alone
Our precious holy God and son,
Never leave you on your own.

There’s so much I’d like to say
If I could find the words,
The grandness of the savior’s story
And his love laid down for you
This - this above all is what I want you to know

No comments: